Ordering from The Stripes Company
How To Order
Please Sign Up to our Emails for information on Exclusive Offers, Product News and Events.
WARNING - If you have received a Voucher Code from a Voucher Code Website, THESE ARE NOT VALID FOR OUR WEBSITE AND SHOULD BE IGNORED.
Buy one get one Free on Deckchair Fabric* - use Voucher code TSCDCAUG18
* Buy 1 get 1 Free on Deckchair canvas orders of 3m or more (ie order 3m only pay for 1.5m) - excludes wideboy & waterproof polyethene - use voucher code TSCDCAUG18 at checkout to receive this offer while stocks last or until until Monday 27th August at Midnight BST
**Does not apply to directors chair cover sets, replacement deckchair slings
When you have selected all your items, view basket, check contents and select Delivery options then go to 'Checkout Now'.
You can pay securely by credit/debit card via SagePay or Paypal
You may also telephone at local call rate to place your order: 01244 336 387 or 0845 500 1 005
Our Office Lines are Open 10am - 5pm Mon-Fri except Bank Holidays
All prices include VAT.
Please take the time to read:
We have four types of fabric:
1. Deckchair Canvas
Deckchair canvas is more robust, 100% yarn dyed woven cotton, approximately 45 cms wide especially made for recovering Deckchairs & Directors Chairs.
Deckchairs: We recommend that you purchase 1.5 metres for a standard deckchair and a packet of upholstery nails to attach to the frame.
Directors Chairs: We recommend that you purchase 1.5 metres for a standard directors chair. Please ensure the stripes go horizontally across the chair. Easily sewn with a domestic sewing machine or purchase a packet of upholstery nails to attach to the frame.
Washing our Deckchair canvas is not recommended, although it may be sponge cleaned and air-dried.
2. Interior Stripe Fabrics approximately 150 cms wide and is designed for INTERIOR use, such as Upholstery, Blinds, Cushions, Tablecloths or for use in the home including many of the products we produce. It may be washed at 40 degrees, line dried and ironed. We state 'Dry Clean only' in the case of curtains and blinds or where our fabric has been used for upholstery and where specialist cleaning is required.
3. Oilcloth approximately 150 cms wide - the coating is a matte hard-wearing PVC finish which wipes clean easily and may be cut to size easily, or even sewn. Perfect for tablecloths, mats, runners and even bags!
4. Water Repellent Fabrics coated on one side with a wipeable EPA finish - perfect for use as tablecloths or many other outdoor uses although we do not recommend leaving outside.
It is water repellent so may be wiped clean easily, tough on spills and yet soft to the touch. Easily cut with scissors into any shape required or sewable.
- Once you have purchased please print a copy of your order confirmation email and include with your old covers and send to:
Deckchairstripes Ltd T/A The Stripes Company
Unit 1 Waverton Business Park
Chester CH3 7PD
- We advise obtaining proof of posting from The Post Office and please ensure you have paid the correct postage
- REMEMBER: You MUST send us your old deckchair slings as templates - without these we will not be able to process your order - There are many different variations in the size of deck chairs and we need to see the positioning of the seams.
- Please be aware that our deckchair canvas is only 45 cms wide, so if you are replacing slings that are slightly wider than 45cms, there may be more of a gap between the edge of the fabric and the sides of your deckchair - this will not compromise the safety of your deckchair.
- Please note: We are unable to refund on made up slings/covers once they have been stitched and sent
- Please do not send very split covers as we are unable to measure accurately
- Express delivery is not available for Replacement Deck Chair Slings
You HAVE TO SEND US your OLD DECK CHAIR SLINGS as templates - if your old cover is just tacked on to your deckchair you do not need this service, just buy the deckchair fabric and nails from us instead - See our video of How To Recover a Deck Chair
Replacement Deck Chair Slings / Covers - Made to measure Service for deckchairs that have a method of attaching the fabric which involves a stitched channel at the top and bottom of the canvas where a wooden dowelling rod is inserted to keep it in place, and also involves stitching up the sides of the canvas for the correct width.
If you want to sew the deck chair slings yourself just Buy Deckchair Fabric
OUR FABRICS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR LEAVING OUTDOORS
PLEASE USE OUR FREE SWATCH SERVICE TO CHECK COLOUR AND QUALITY BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
on each fabric page there is an option to Request a Sample Swatch. We can send you 4 for free, 5 or more will be charged P&P
MAKE SURE THAT THE FABRIC YOU HAVE ORDERED IS CORRECT AS ERRORS CANNOT BE REFUNDED AFTER LENGTHS HAVE BEEN CUT AND SENT.
All Stripes Run Vertically Down The Roll
Please Note That None Of Our Fabrics Are Intended To Be Left Outside or in Strong Sunlight.
Modern dyes do not include banned or harmful substances - this means that the resistance to fading is reduced so it is not advisable to leave in direct light.
Pink and Red Fading
There is a compromise between natural dyes and fabrics and synthetic chemical dyes - unfortunately natural dyes which we use are more prone to fading quickly in strong light - Pinks and reds are more vulnerable so avoid these if you wish your colours to remain brighter.
See our FAQS on Fading
Our fabrics are all 100% cotton with no protective coating so are only suitable for indoor use, or in the case of deckchairs, intended for occasional use outdoors in fine weather.
Fabric widths may vary slightly and any discrepancies in the weave are part of the nature of the raw materials and the weaving process. We do not sell seconds.
We offer a free swatch service for colour matching - see here
*Post codes in England, Wales and Scotland excluding all areas listed in our definition of 'Non-UK Mainland**' below.
Definition of Non-UK Mainland**
**Isle of Man (IM), Isle of Wight (PO31),Northern Ireland (BT), Channel Islands (GY and JE), Scilly Isles (TR21), Western Scottish Isles (HS), Orkney (KW), Shetland Isles (ZE) and postcodes AB31-38, AB40-56, IV1-28 , IV30-32, IV36-49, IV51-56, IV63, KA27-28, PA20-38, PA41-49, PA60-70, PH4-44, PH49-50, PO31 and All BFPO locations.
When we have a free delivery offer to UK mainland addresses, we will send a paypal invoice for delivery to anyone ordering in the above postcodes as you may not be charged in the checkout process - charges will be as on the right above
Back to top