Privacy at The Stripes Company
Who are we?Our company address is - Unit 1 Waverton Business Park, Saighton Lane, Waverton, Chester CH3 7PD
Our registered company name is - Deckchairstripes Ltd T/A The Stripes Company
Our registered address is - Brandon House, King Street, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6DX
The information we collect is as follows:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your phone number (Home/Mobile)
- Shipping address
- Billing address
- Credit card details via the secure payment gateway (not retained by us).
- Information you put into data entry forms, checkout pages or surveys on our site at any time.
- A record of any electronic correspondence between us, contact us forms, emails, product reviews.
- Complete details of transactions both partially and completed through our site
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers see IP addresses and cookies
How we use the information you provide:
- We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. This enables us to:
- Process your order and to complete the contract undertaken by us.
- Help us to develop this site to be more useful and interesting to you.
- Inform you about our special offers, sales, product information and promotions which will include the forwarding (by email) of newsletters and promotions.
- Improve the services that we provide to you via our website by continually analysing the site design and traffic information so we can improve site content and design. You can access your personal information that we do hold and you can update or delete the information at any time.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Lawful Basis for processing personal data
- We cannot process your order, without the information we request. In order to delivery your order we must store address information and be able to contact you in case of delivery or tracking issues.
- As a customer of ours, we want to be able to share similar offers and promotions with you which we feel will enhance your experience with us, if you do not want to receive these mailings you can decline this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at Deckchairstripes Ltd T/A The Stripes Company Unit 1 Waverton Business Park, Saighton Lane, Waverton, Chester CH3 7PD or simply email email@example.com.
Who will we share your data with?
In order to process your order, we may need to share your order details with a third party service provider. For example, our courier service will require us to pass name, address and contact details onto our carrier partners.
Data is only held and exchanged where necessary and all parties involved have demonstrated, and will be required to continually demonstrate, GDPR compliance.
- These Third Party providers are:
- TNT - Domestic and Worldwide Courier
- Royal Mail
How long will we store your data?We will retain purchasing records for a minimum of 3 years. This enables us to quickly and accurately look back over purchasing history. If your account is otherwise inactive in that 3 year period, we will delete your data at that stage. However if you have placed further orders within the 3 years, we will extend your account retention to cover 3 years from the latest purchase.
Your rights under GDPRYou can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time at Deckchairstripes Ltd T/A The Stripes Company Unit 1 Waverton Business Park, Saighton Lane, Waverton, Chester CH3 7PD or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to;
- Request access to, deletion or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- To be informed of what data processing is taking place
- To restrict processing
- To object to processing of your personal data; and
- Complain to a supervisory authority - Information Commissioners Office